Marble is porous, soft, and chemically sensitive, it can be marked by acids, including soft drinks & juice. It can also absorb oils, other liquids & is easily stained. Clean with warm water and a soft cotton cloth. To clean any marble surface, lightly dampen a clean, absorbent cotton towel (don't get the marble soaked). Use another towel to wipe it completely dry. Never use any harsh chemical wipes, spray cleaners or dish soaps of any kind to clean up this surface.
The best way to prevent stains is to treat the surface with a protective sealer. The sealer fills in the pores and repels spills on the surface, allowing you time to completely wipe it away. Make sure it is food safe. If left unsealed, spills and everyday stains can easily penetrate the surface.
• Clean up spills immediately to minimize damage to your marble.
• Use trivets or mats under hot dishes and cookware.
• Use coasters under glasses, especially if they contain alcohol or citrus juices.
• DO NOT wait to clean up spills on stone.
• DO NOT place in the microwave or dishwasher, hand wash only.
• DO NOT use cleaners that contain acid
• DO NOT use vinegar, bleach, ammonia or other general-purpose cleaners.
• DO NOT use abrasive cleaners such as dry cleansers or soft cleansers.
• DO NOT use alkaline cleaners not specifically formulated for stone.
• DO NOT use scouring powders and abrasives because they will scratch the surface.