Coffee Fruit Cake
- 1kg dried fruit, diced (raisins, sultanas, currants, apricots, figs, cranberries, dates, prunes)
- 350ml water
- 150ml WB espresso martini cocktail mix
- 50ml brandy or rum
- 300g self-raising flour sifted
- 20g mixed spice
- 1 grated apple (optional)
- 1 large orange zested
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
Grease a fluted cake pan.
Combine water, brandy and espresso mix, golden syrup and zest with the dried fruit and macerate overnight. Fold in the sifted flour and spice. Spoon into the prepared cake pan and bake 160 for about 40-50minutes.
Allow to cool and remove from the pan. Store in an airtight container, If you like your cake even richer, skewer the cake and pour a few capfuls of rum, brandy, marsala or whisky over the cake and allow to absorb. Dust with icing sugar and serve with mascarpone, or on its own. Pairs well with a cup of tea or coffee or a little nip of port