- 500g of spaghetti.
- 2 lemons.
- 50ml lemon juice.
- 6 tbsp olive oil.
- 80g of unsalted butter.
- 40g finely grated Parmesan.
- 100ml pasta water.
- Basil leaves (approximately a handful), roughly chopped
Instructions:1. Cook your pasta in salted boiling water with large slices of lemon peel from 1 lemon. Cook until it's al dente.
2. In a separate pan, add olive oil and slices of peel from second lemon (avoid the white parts of your lemon as it will make everything bitter).
3. Then add the butter and lemon juice (around 50ml) and cook for 3-4 minutes over low heat, making sure the lemon peel doesn't burn.
4. Strain your pasta and reserve 100ml of the pasta water.
5. Add the pasta to the pan with Parmesan and the reserved pasta water.
6. Finish the cooking time in the sauce and add basil. Season to taste.
7. Serve garnished with fresh basil and more lemon peel.